• October 2Portage Township Schools is one to one through the whole district

• August 24Indians can't overcome strong first half from Michigan City, fall 49-14.

The Pow Wow

Interact is hosting a Thanksgiving food drive

Jessica Butz, Social Media Editor

Interact Club will be sponsoring a Thanksgiving food drive from now until November 15. They will be collecting anything that families enjoy during Thanksgiving dinner that is non perishable. Interact will then deliver the food to the Salvation Army on route 6. The Salvation Army will distribute the food to the underprivileged of Porter County before Thanksgiving. Drop your food items off to the east or west office anytime before November 15. The Interact Club would like to thank everybody in advance for their donations.

Interact is an organization sponsored by local rotary clubs which serves   the community at large. They focus on helping community organizations through   service projects and fundraisers. By doing these things, Interact helps build good will throughout the Portage community and build international understanding by participating in international service projects.

Interact allows students to build strong relationships with community   leaders and each other.

“Because we meet so often, the students build strong bonds with each   other.” said Amanda Brown-Holler. Brown-Holler is the sponsor of the Interact Club. Students also begin to understand the importance of helping the   community and they become more open to other cultures as well as other   socioeconomic groups.
         This year, Interact has participated in multiple community service projects. Before the school year started, they volunteered at the local elementary schools   and helped register incoming first graders. In October, they helped pack 50,000   participant bags for the 2017 Bank of America Chicago Marathon. Interact has also helped the United Way with their half-marathon in Valparaiso, participated in  rake day through Portage Park District and helped with Portage Junior Miss concessions during their Fall Ball season. Interact’s motto is “service above self.”