Interact Finds New Sponsor

Tori Henderson, Editor-in-Chief

Interact is a philanthropic club that many students participate in to help give back to their community through a multitude of fundraisers and field trips.

Interact is the high school level of Rotary International Sponsored Clubs. Rotary’s goal is to bring together business and professional leaders in order to provide humanitarian services to those in need.

Rotary and Interact both do volunteer work and fundraisers, typically for nonprofit organizations. Interact is currently working on projects with Miller Senior Living Facility, and the Boys and Girls Club of South Haven. They are also planning food and clothing drives later through October and into early November.

Interact meetings are led by President Ashley Taylor, Vice President Lexi Rudolph, and sponsor Amanda Brown-Holler every Wednesday after school in room B25 from 2:45-3:00.

“I decided to be the sponsor because Rotary gave so much to me in high school.” Brown-Holler said. “When I was in high school Rotary sent me abroad for a year to Brazil to be an exchange student. I feel like it’s my duty to give back to Rotary because they gave so much to me.”

Brown-Holler said Rotary took care of everything she needed for her trip, and that’s the primary reason she took over as sponsor this year.
“I truly believe that if you give back then you’re going to get back in return. It doesn’t just make the people that you’re helping feel good, but it makes you feel good as a person. It makes you feel like you’re doing something and making a difference in somebody’s life, and that’s what life is all about.”