The Pow Wow

Students In The Spotlight: Natasha Del Valle and Alex Magana

Becca Rosado, Staff Writer

Portage High’s new club Rally, is a great way for students to come together to find themselves in Christ. Natasha Del Valle and Alex Magana are two out of three students that brought Rally to the halls of PHS. Rally was originally supposed to be called P7, according to Magana. This because P7 is a type of religious program that many churches have. “My pastor challenged me to start a religious group or club at school because he heard of other schools like Crown Point and Hobart having them. So he thought it might be good if I brought it to PHS.” Magana said. Del Valle got together with Magana ,along with junior Sara Timmons, and together they decided to start Rally. The girls went to Miss Todd and she became the clubs sponsor. “Rally is a group where anyone, religious or not, can come to together to find themselves,” said Del Valle. “We don’t talk about religion until the end of the meeting, where we read a bible verse. Otherwise we play games and have bonding activities.” The girls want to get the word out that Rally is open to anyone and everyone. As well as that it’s a great environment and a good way to meet new people. “We want to talk about things that people go through but don’t ever get the chance to talk about,” said Magana. “we connect all those things to the bible and it’s just a really great thing.” “ We rally together to find our identity.” Del Valle said. This is Rally’s slogan so that people feel invited to come and find themselves through Christ. “If you are someone that is lost in finding themselves, and want to find yourself through Christ than Rally is something you should consider.” Del Valle said. The girls encourage people to come if you are looking for some good food, new friends, and to find yourself in Christ. Rally meets every second and fourth  Monday of the month in Miss Todd’s room 238.